Ask a Urologist   »  

Is RBC test reading related to swollen lymph node?

Jul 2016

Hi, I recently had went to the doctor as my lymph node under my jaw was swollen for a coulpe of weeks. He order some blood work and a urine sample and some antibiotics for ten days. Since then i think i have noticed a semi swollen lymph node above my collar bone not very large about the size of a XXXXXXX as i am very anxious and am looking at my body daily. I received the results of the complete metabolic panel and lipo battery and urine test with micro. It appears they are all normal or within range except the WBC, RBC is listed as "occasional" and Hyaline casts/lpf 2 to 5? I am wondering what these results mean, and if they are related to the swollen lymph node. I have no other issues except my groin area is semi uncomfortable at times.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Findings in urine not due to swollen lymph node Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have swollen lymph nodes in cervical region.for couple of weeks. Most likely these lymph nodes are secondary to infective pathology in oral cavity probably dental infection that you had since a long time. As regards findings of occasional WBC and RBC in microscopic findings of your routine urine In absence of any urinary symptoms like burning urination,urgency ,frequency etc these findings are of no significance and should be considered as variation of normal report. These are not related to your swollen lymph nodes. Appearance of hyaline cast in urine is normal and mainly do to dehydration due to less intake of water. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Is RBC test reading related to swollen lymph node? 15 hours later
Doctor thank you for your reply. In follow up would the negative result for bacteria indicate the absence of sti bacteria such as gonorrhea or chlamydia?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Ansence of bacteria indicates absence of disease. Detailed Answer: Thanks for follow up.Absence of bacteria on routine examination indicates absence of urinary infection. To rule out Gonorrhoea or Chlamydia you have to carry out microscopic examination of urethral discharge. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil..