Is Duphaston and Macox plus intake safe during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
Hi my wife had three missed abortion all the three occurred after exact 7 weeks and 3 days. Now she is 5 week pregnant but result showing it as weak positive and doctor has prescribed her medicine Duphaston(10 mg). Also before pregnancy for last four months she is taking macox plus(600 Rifampicin & Isoniazid Tablets). Is it safe to take this medicines?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Yes, the two antitubercular medicines can be continued safely during pregnancy. Duphaston contains progesterone which is a must for women at risk for abortion ( as she already has a history of prior miscarriages ). I hope that she was completely evaluated for reason of recurrent pregnancy loss. Ideally, chromosomal typing of the tissues of conception each time should have been done. Also, couple karyotyping should be done. Thyroid hormonal abnormalities should be ruled out. Screening for antiphospholipid antibody syndrome should be done. Uterine anomalies and cervical incompetence should be ruled out. Also, screening for infections ( HIV, HCV, HBsAg, VDRL ) should be done. Serum homocysteine levels and Protein C, Protein S and Factor V leiden utation should be ruled out. Again , ultrasound scans should be done at regular intervals starting from 8 weeks, to know if the baby is normal. Take rest, avoid stress, intercourse and travelling. Take regular folic acid supplements, 5 mg per day without fail. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- Agewise low fat diet
- Agent orange heart enlargement
- Side effects of macox plus
- Agent ornge related itching
- Is duphaston and macox plus intake safe during pregnancy
- Tablet macox plus side effects
- Sticky potty in pregnency
- Powerplast pregnancy test se
- Chances of pregnancy with sperm agglutination
- Powerplast pregnancy test sensitivity
- Preparation procedure for pp2bs test
- Agent orange spinal stenosis
- Macox plus tablet purpose
- Poxviridae signs and symptoms
- Macox plus tablet ip