Irregular periods, high FSH, less flow after taking medication, going to take OCP treatment. Will this hamper my pregnancy?

Hi ,
I am 24 years old and I am not having the regular period from last few months ..for some months is happens twice and from last 2 months there is no period ..I consultaed the gaynec doc and she had give mein some pill to take for a week and then stop after taking that I have my period after a week but too very less in quantity and lasted for 1 n half day... I have been under the invetigation and found my FSH is bit higer around 13.6 .. I am now going on treatment with OCP for 3 months (just started)... I have a query that will It hamper my pregnancy when I want to concive..Please advice
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later
Taking oral pills will help in regularizing your hormonal cycles and will result in a predictable bleeding patterns.
Once the periods return back to normal after stopping the pills after 3 months, you can conceive normally. Oral pills do not have any irreversible effect on the fertility.
Please do not worry and follow your gynecologist's instructions. You are getting the right treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.