Irregular periods, body swelling, weight gain, advised thyroid test. Tips for weight reduction?

Question
Dear Doctor,

Good Afternoon,

My name is XXXXXXX and my age is 19 and my weight is 70 high is 5".4 inch i was having complain of irragulore period and sweling in body special stomach and face with neck area doctor has suggested go for thyroid test. My weight is also getting increase. Please suggest for how to loose weight.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 35 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.Get thyroid tests as hypothyroidism could be very well responsible for weight gain. You may also need to be checked for poly cystic ovarian disease. These tests are mandatory because unless we treat them you may find it difficult to lose wt. Meanwhile I will give some genrral ideas to lose weight.Drink atleast 3 litres of water, burn atleast 300 kcal by exercise, take lot of greenies and salad, cut down on junk food, fried objecys and bakery items.Try oats or fruit bowl for breakfast and drink green tea atleast 3 times a day. Try these measures for atleast 3 months. Get the tests advised above. Im hopeful that you will succeed in losing weight.
Shivaprasad