Irregular periods, bloating, weight gain. No PCOD. Cause and remedies?

Hi Doctor,
I am 24 years software professional. I weigh 69 kg and my height is 5.5". I dont get my periods regularly. Usually when it comes it comes 30-35 days once. But offlate i skipped two months and i feel very bloaty and weight gain because of this
I had my pcod checked a year back. There are no traces of it. Please explain the cause and suggest remedies.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
The first possibility that needs to be ruled out on delayed periods is pregnancy. You can test your urine for pregnancy using the kits available at all the pharmacies.
The other reasons of delayed periods may be hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, anxiety, stress, or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland. Hypothyroidism, post pill amennorhea , polycystic ovarian syndrome or less frequently a pituitary tumor causing high prolactin levels or a hypothalamic disease are other causes.
Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case to find out the cause so that treatment can be given accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.