Irregular cycles following miscarriage. Is this normal?

Mar 2016

Before my natural miscarriage at 7 weeks in XXXXXXX 2013 I had 30 day cycles but following the miscarriage I have 39 day cycles. Is the normal post miscarriage?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 36 minutes later

Following miscarriage, 1-2 cycles may be irregular (earlier or delayed) and it is mostly due to hormonal imbalance and mental stress.

To get period in time, you should do these things like avoid stress/ tension, take healthy diet with Vitamin & iron supplements, light exercise, maintain genital hygiene and take sound sleep.

Hope, this information is quite helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Irregular cycles following miscarriage. Is this normal? 6 minutes later
The last few weeks I have felt very tired even after a good nights sleep. How likely is it that my cycle will go back to normal and how long does it usually take?

Answered by Dr. S Patra 38 minutes later

Thanks for follow up query.

Generally, period will come back to normal regular cycle within 1-2 months following natural miscarriage.

Take healthy diet with vitamin & iron supplement and eat more green vegetables & fresh fruits to boost up your health condition and free from general weakness. Also you should follow previous healthy measures.

Hope, this helps. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Be well & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen