Irregular. Took krimsaon that helped. Ovulation said egg rapture. But why still no period?

Hi i m 24year married women i m having irregular period prob i m in doc tretment my doc ask me to take krimsaon 35 and last two month i m having regular period but in april my doc ask me to stop that medicine and she stsrted ovulation study i she got to no that my egg repture on 20th april so in that i m expecting period on 4th may but still my period not comes yet it means what? when i m expecting my period after ovulation how many days take period comes? or i m pregnent??????????
Posted Wed, 30 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
After ovulation, normally period starts after 14 days.
If you had ovulation on 20th April, then your periods should have started on 4th may. If you still have not got your periods then pregnancy needs to be ruled out. To confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.
In case the pregnancy is ruled out then hormonal disturbance needs to be considered as the cause for your delayed periods.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Irregular. Took krimsaon that helped. Ovulation said egg rapture. But why still no period? 5 minutes later
Thanks Doctor,

I have done preganency test yester day at home and its shows negative it means i m not preganet but still not period start and one more thing my nippal is little bit paining also yester day i had abdomal pain what does it means? what do i neet to do for period comes?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Since the pregnancy is ruled out, hormonal disturbance is the most likely cause. The mild symptoms you are having are non specific and do not conclusively indicate pregnancy.
You will have to consult your gynecologist who will prescribe you hormonal tablets to have a withdrawal bleeding.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Irregular. Took krimsaon that helped. Ovulation said egg rapture. But why still no period? 11 hours later

It's complesary after egg repture bleeding should be start with 12-16 days between Or its also happen after egg repture sometime period should br delay. i miss by 7 days of my period as i told u that doing scanning i got to knoe that my egg repture on 20th April still period not come yet so do i need to wait for a days and again check preganecy test or start having medicine for period comesboz i want to get pregnent what a'll do plz help me doctor.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
After the ovulation, bleeding starts within 14-16 days. Since your period is late only by 7 days, i would suggest you to wait for one more week, then recheck your urine for pregnancy and if the test is still negative, get the appropriate medicine prescribed from your gynecologist.