Intermittent thigh, hip pain post hemmorhaging soft clot on femoral artery done. History of cardiac ablation. Danger?

I had a cardiac ablasion 5 years ago. After the surgery my soft clot on my left femoral artery broke open and I hemmorhaged. I have had pain in my thigh and hip on and off since then. The pain is sometimes sharp and sometimes a dull ache. Should I be concerned or is this to be expected?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 44 minutes later
Dear Ma'm,

I hope you underwent a catheter ablation rather than a surgery.

The period of 5 years is too long for any local cause to persist. I would like to know that
1. If there is any local swelling? or if there is a thick/hard palpable scar?
2. If you always get pain on walking a particular distance? If your left foot and leg less pink than right? If the left leg appears thinner than right? If you get pain on walking in calf too ?
3. If the pain comes at rest ? for how long it lasts?
4. If you have any back pain?
5. If it comes as burning of skin?
6. If you have any trouble in passing urine or stools?

I will be able to throw more light on this if you can provide answers to these question.

Waiting for your follow-up questions with details.
Sukhvinder Singh