Intermittent stomach pain and headache. What could this be?

my son came home from work felt sick and is now in bed his girlfreind says he keeps getting pains in his belly and his bum and headaches and gets warm this is happening every now and then and been going on for 3-4 months
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more details....

Detailed Answer:

The details provided are too short and vague to arrive at a specific clinical diagnosis. However from what you describe, I can think of 2-3 conditions that could be causing this sickness. They include:
1. Infection - sudden onset sickness, abdominal pain, gluteal pain, headache and warmth are few symptoms of acute infection. You need to record his body temperature using a thermometer. I would be concerned if temperature recorded is more than 100 deg F.
2. Gastrointestinal pathology - Hyperacidity and indigestion is a very common problem. It resolves gradually with antacid. However a thorough lifestyle change is essential to prevent recurrence.
3. The last and rare possibility is that of abdominal migraines.

I request for more details from your son to understand and assess the condition better. Give him antacids like tums along tylenol and less spicy food and see if he feels better. If he doesn't feel better, it would be ideal to approach urgent care clinic or an ER for a detailed evaluation.

Hope this helps. I will be glad to assist you further if you can write about what's happening with him now.

Best Regards