Intermittent buzzing feeling in the breast. No pain. Advice?

I have been having a buzzing feeling in the left breast area for about a week now. they are intermitted lasting about 10 to 30 seconds. N0 pain just strange. I am 71 female. I can't think of any other symptoms.
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The buzzing feeling in the left breast is likely to be due to benign fasciculations, muscle twitches and radiculopathies due to irritation of the spinal nerves exiting the cord.

Benign fasciculations is characterized by twitching in the voluntary muscles. Twitching's may be occasional or may go on nearly continuously and intentional movement of the involved muscle causes the fasciculations to cease immediately. As the name implies (benign) it is a self limiting problem and does not require any evaluation or treatment.

So I feel the buzzing could be a muscle twitch or a transmitted pulsations by an artery. These are usually intermittent and does not require any evaluation or treatment. If symptoms increase or you notice additional problems you need to see your GP for a good clinical examination and consultation. Anxiety at times can cause symptoms like these and requires no treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.