Injured foot. Having pain and growing bruise on top of foot. Should I get it checked?

Feb 2013

I injured my foot between my little toe against a wooden dresser. The leg corner landed in between my toe. Pain was pretty bad. I can move my tow but i have a growing bruise on the top of my foot near the impact area. The bruise is purple then.turns red. Only hurts a little unless i touch it thats a little more painful..should i go get it checked. No insurance until one week from today so just want to make sure.
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

It seems like there is a skin and toe.

But the fracture of underlying bones has to be ruled out by physical examination by doctor and investigating with X-ray of that foot.

For mild pain you can use Tylenol in prescribed dose.

Keep that foot in above the body level while lying by keeping a pillow under the foot to allow the swelling and edema to decrease.

If you are not up-to-date for tetanus shot, take the shot now.

And consult the doctor for the examination of injured area and to rule out any underlying fracture with examination and X XXXXXXX and for the management of wound.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.