Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Inhaled concentrated all purpose cleaner degreaser. Suffer chest burning. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 567 Questions
I inhaled a cleaner called orange crush all purpose cleaner degreaser concentrate yesterday and now my chest is burning. What can I do without going to a doctor?
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 2 hours later

Based on the information provided you are facing an inhalation injury. Its an injury that causes due to inhalation of the fumes from the irritant chemicals. They need to be addressed as soon as possible. Due to issues such as ASTHMA / CANCER in a long run.

Their is nothing you can do at home to feel better.

Fumes from some cleaning products may induce asthma in otherwise healthy individuals. A large and growing body of evidence links frequent use of many ordinary cleaning supplies at home or on the job with development of asthma and other respiratory problems. It is already known that cleaning product fumes may trigger attacks in persons previously diagnosed with asthma.

Common cleaning ingredients can be laced with the carcinogenic impurity 1,4-dioxane. Independent tests have detected the presence of 1,4-dioxane in numerous name-brand cleaning supplies. Other products contain preservatives that release low levels of cancer-causing formaldehyde

ADVICE:- Please consult near by health services as soon as possible for poison control.

Hope it helps, please feel free to contact me for any further queries.

Thanks for the query
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor