Information on implant placed in ear under local anesthesia?

May 2014

Hi I read an article in a daily newspaper that there may soon be no need for ear pinning instead there would be an implant placed into the ear which folds the ear, takes 15 minutes to insert under local anaesthetic. Have you any information on this or where I could find some many thanks.
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

This is Dr Vivek answering your question.
From information provided you seem to be a 51 years old gentleman from United Kingdom.

The information that you have read in newspapers regarding an implant that folds the ear (instead of ear pinning) in 15 minutes exists.
This is very safe and entire procedure takes 15 minutes. Local anaesthesia is given during the procedure and its almost painless.

It is known as earfold (trade mark).
You would be happy to know that this procedure is done in United Kingdom.
Contact details are:
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
Private Patients Unit
Royal Free London
Pond Street, London, NW3 2QG

Referrals Team Direct Dial Number:
+44(0)0000 ext. 0000

Website: WWW.WWWW.WW
Please Note: this information is provided at your request. I am in no way connected with earfold or NHS.

Further questions welcome. Please close this thread if you do not have any question and post your feedback.

Dr Vivek
Follow-up: Information on implant placed in ear under local anesthesia? 26 hours later

Dear Dr XXXXXXX thank you very much for your answer to my question it has been most helpful.

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 6 hours later

Thanks you for your feedback.

May I request you to please close this thread.

Dr Vivek