Infected stitches after delivery

Stitches after delivery infection
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing.
I would like to know if you had a lower segment caesarean section (LSCS) and your stitches have been infected or you received an episotomy during a normal vaginal delivery. Also, when was the surgery done. For the medical conditions you have, what are the drugs that you are taking.
Since you do have diabetes, we would need to open up the stitches, drain the pus and start you on an oral antibiotic. We would need to redress the wound. In addition, you would need a pain killer to take care of the swelling.
Please let me know the details and we can take this discussion further.