Infant started vomiting frequently and passing greenish yellow stools. Lactose intolerance?

Hi.. I am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX from Hyderabad, India.I delivered a baby boy during my 7th month of pregnancy(Pre term delivery).My son is now 3 months 9 days old.I am feeding him with dexolac premium one. I noticed frequent vomiting of milk, greenish yellow color stools with some round particles.He started crying in the evenings very often. I consulted many local doctors also neonatal pediatricians, but in vain.One of the doctor suggested Aristozyme.This too dint work. Kindly help me out. Is he suffering from lactose intolerance or with any other issue?If yes, pls suggest me some remedies.
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 35 minutes later

I understand your concern.

Relax, it is normal for babies to pass greenish yellow stools and sometimes several times a day due to increased gastrocolic reflex.

You have also mentioned that he is crying during evening, this could be evening colic and is seen in 30 to 40% of babies and usually get settled by 4 months of age.

Since you are giving him same formula, so it cannot be lactose intolerance.

I suggest you to;
-Burp him after each feed and keep him upright for 10 to 15 minutes.
-After feeding make him lie down in left lateral position that is left shoulder down .
-Gently massage his abdomen in circular manner in form of inverted u .
-Keep him in prone position ,but he should not be left unattended.
-Give him lactobacilus XXXXXXX for 2 to 3 days.
-You can also give colicaid drops two times a day for few days.

In case symptoms persist, get him examined by pediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any question, I would be glad to help.

Wishing you and your baby good health.
God bless.