Infant is passing green stool. Got allergic reaction after giving zenflox plus. Any cure?

General Surgeon
hi my baby is 10 months old. he suffering from green color motions from one week. doctor gave me ZENFLOX PLUS. With in hour my son got allergic reaction after used the drug. what is the reason and how to solve the problem?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 27 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Medicine allergy is caused by hypersensitivity of the immune system to the given medicine. Exact reason of such reaction stays unknown as immune system is extremely complicated and our knowledge about it seems to be very limited.
If the allergy has appeared with rash only, you can give Cetyryzine. If shortness of breath appears, mouth swelling, this is urgent and you should visit your doctor as soon as possible.
Definitely you should stop giving this antibiotic. Your doctor should be informed and other chemical group of antibiotic should be given (Trimethoprim with Sulphametoxazolum).

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.