Infant got head injury and have fever. What should I do?

My 13 month fell off bed on his head. He seemed fine, but now the next day he has a fever of 102.2. what should I do?
Posted Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
I understand the anxiety in you since your son is having a shunt inside but the fact of matter is that a fall from bed can't cause a fever.
Just wait and watch and give him paracetamol syrup in the dose of 15 mg per kg bodyweight of your child 4 times a day.
If his fever doesn't settle or if he develops any other symptom,please consult the paediatrician for examination and proper treatment.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck