Indentation on forehead between left eye and hairline. Vein has appeared. Had a photofacial test. Should I be alarmed?

General Surgeon
During the past week an indentation has appeared on my forehead 1/2 way between my left eye and my hairline. There is also a vein that has recently appeared and the indentation is at the bottom of it. It is becoming more pronounced each day and I am starting to worry. I had a photofacial done last Thursday and it started to appear the next day. I have also had botox. I'm not sure if it is a facial varicose vein that is starting but the depression is very noticeable. Should I be alarmed? How do I submit a photo?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be photo dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Occurring of indentation and dilated veins denote there is localized inflammation, I hope it's only the soft tissue indentation and not the underlying bone. It could be due to local photo dermatitis which could have occurred following photo facial. Varicosity do not develop in facial veins. Apply Calamine lotion if the area is not raw. It will provide much needed relief.

There is also option of sending the clinical picture and attachment. You can upload it using the site's uploader here.

I hope it helped.
Dr Deepak K K
Follow-up: Indentation on forehead between left eye and hairline. Vein has appeared. Had a photofacial test. Should I be alarmed? 20 hours later
The vein is becoming more pronounced and looks like a bruise. The indentation is more pronounced and there is now a white blotch. I am just using my phone but it doesn't show up well in the photos.I also took a scuba diving course a few days before the IPL treatment. Could the pressure if the mask or the pressure under water have caused this?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use Sunscreen lotion

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
The photograph provided by you is not clear enough, it appears likely to be localized area of Photodermatitis. Prolonged pressure by scuba gear followed by photo facial could have precipitated it.

Avoid any form of exposure to sunlight. Do use PABA-free sunblocks, sunscreens, hats. Local application of mild steroid like clobetasone may help.
Do Consult a Dermatologist if the lesion worsens.

I would like to impress upon a thing, diagnosis of any skin lesion requires a good visual examination.

Have a wonderful day.

I hope it helped.
Dr Deepak