Indentation on forehead. No headache. Need MRI? Had dizziness in the past due to ear infection

I have an indentation in my forehead. I haven't always had it but it seems to be more prominent lately. I have been filling it in with Restyline but what is this about. I have no symptoms at all. No headaches or anything. What do you think causes this? Do I need an MRI? I did have one a couple years ago for dizziness when I would lie down on my left side but it showed nothing and was probably an inner ear infection that after a week the symptoms were gone. I had the dent then too but it seems deeper now. Let me know what you think. XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 1 hour later

Regarding the indentation in the forehead and worsening over time, I personally feel it the prominence may be due to loss of the surrounding facial tissue which happens with aging. However long standing indentation of the forehead does not signify any serious problem. Rarely scleroderma, skull based tumors like meningioma and benign tumors of the skull bone can present with bony changes without any other clinical manifestations.

So I personally feel a computerised tomography (CT scan) of the head can exclude these causes. If there is suspicious of scleroderma, consultation with Dermatologist would be of benefit.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist