Ask a Homeopath   »  

Increased varicose veins, calf twitching. Can I travel?

General Surgeon
hi iam going to uk /europe,25/4/12,for 8 months . my g.p. says :my increased varicose veiln calf twitches(without pain),should not hinder my trip;use flight/surgical stockings. i have occasional mild pain;elevation reduces or clears this. p.s. the fat veins are unsightly! thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Unani
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 14 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I do not expect varicose veins to spoil your trip.. They would generally be aggravated on prolonged standing.

Stoking and elevation of legs helps a lot .

Prominent veins can be unsightly ,but if there is no discoloration or skin changes , then we should not be worried.

Calf twitching and occasional pains can occur even in mild form of varicose veins .

The decision to discontinue crestor would be best taken if you would be kind enough to shared your reports with me, especially about long term side effects.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.