Increased heart rate after going to gym. Feeling faint. Is this normal?

hi my partner went to the gym and his heart rate was 92 he felt faint is this normal
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 40 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified cardiologist and I read your husband past record and present problem with diligence.

If at the beginning of gym sensation before warming up with heart rate of 92, he felt faint it is not due to heart but because of vasovagal either due to drug, dehydration or nervousness.

But if his heart rate was observed to be 92 after he has started the exercise, then the possibility of inadequate rise of heart rate as a cause of faintness(chronotropic insufficiency) comes in.

In your followup question you can clarify this matter and secondly, add whether he is acclimatized to do exercises. Or he was not doing much exercise after the intracranial bleed he had in 2011. Third is any other drug (apart from Sertaline he is taking and whether his blood pressure is normal). After getting mail from you I will get back to you as soon as possible.

With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW