In menopause. Vagina is red and feels hot. Suggestion?

I am in menopause. Its been very very hot here and I noticed that my vagina is kinda red or dark pink and it feels hot.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 36 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that you are 58 years old , hypothyroid , feeling very hot + red vaginal vestibules.

As you have passed the menopause , the HOT FLUSHES can occur any time , during menopause , before or after menopause.

Feeling very hot could be due to HOT FLUSHES , which means that your body will have sudden severe heat , with sudden sweating , and some times feeling very cold , these hot flushes get aggravated by hypothyroidism.

Red / and hot vagina in your age without itching or discharge ia another symptom of hot flushes , your mouth mucosa will also be dark red coloured , due to high inner core temperature in hot flushes.

I would recommend to check you TSH , and start Vitamin E with Venlafaxine , but for this you have to go to your gynaecologist , so that she can prescribe you these medicine with tests.

Don't worry it will go away.

I hope this helps.

Take care and feel free to ask any further questions.