I'm having lower abdominal pain as well as low back

General Surgeon
Question
I'm having lower abdominal pain as well as low back pain. It seems to radiate from the umbilicus.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bladder infection can be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms do indicate bladder infection with possible kidneys infection. This is more possible if you have also frequent urinating, burning while urinating or fever. Kidney stone should be considered as well. If you have any lump in the umbilicus, hernia can be the reason.
For sure you should have abdominal ultrasound, blood work and urine analysis done. Antibiotic treatment should be considered.
Please consult your doctor.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

Follow-up: I'm having lower abdominal pain as well as low back 10 days later
After my appendectomy for a perforated appendix my surgeon gave me a printout that included "The most common symptom is pain that starts at the belly button and moves to the lower right..." I was a little peeved that when my question specifically stated that I had pain radiating from the umbilicus you didn't mention the possibility of appendicitis. I probably would have sought help a little sooner.

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 43 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
You didn't say umbilicus!!! Based on the handful of information that you have lower abdominal pain !!!!!! and back pain and no word about umbilicus (which is in the middle abdomen); No word about nausea, lack of appetite, slight fever it isn't easy to diagnose a patient. It is not easy to point to a diagnosis from one sentence

Further, I did ask you to go see a doctor and have all necessary test. Those are the test that diagnose appendicitis?