Ask a Urologist   »  

I was recently diagnosed with UTI after testing my urine,

Question
I was recently diagnosed with UTI after testing my urine, PA told me the white cells were up and its classics for UTI. I've been on Cipro for 2 days. I have mid abdomen discomfort, slight back pain and no urinary discomfort. And I feel a little bloated. Is this consistent with UTI?
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it is consistent!

Detailed Answer:

White cells in urine is typical for UTI. Urinary discomfort is not always constant. I will encourage you to continue with the ciprofloxacin as prescribed. In addition, drink much water to help cleanse the urinary passages.

I hope this helps and guides. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be. above all, keep me updated!

Follow-up: I was recently diagnosed with UTI after testing my urine, 6 minutes later
Thank you, my most concern was the dull abdomen pain. Appreciate your response

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:

Thanks and keep me updated.