I spend the whole day talking slow and have mood swings. Could this be bipolar disorder?

Hi. I was wondering if i could possibly have bipolar disorder. I can tell you my symtoms.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please tell your symptoms Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Please ask your questions and tell about your symptoms, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif
Follow-up: I spend the whole day talking slow and have mood swings. Could this be bipolar disorder? 56 minutes later
I have a concern that I could possibly be bipolar. I have been having mood changes since i was 13. For months I will be wild and crazy and do things I really dont mean without even realizing what I am doing. The worst thing I have done was steel almost 5000 dollars from my parents. I throw stuff at people. I stay up very late at night (sometimes until almost 5am). I did this even when I was little. When I was younger I used to have "dance parties" by myself in my room which my family couldnt hear because my room is above the garage. I still stay up and I dont get tired at all. I then wake up at around 630 without being tired all day. For those months I also talk very very fast and act totally crazy. I also get very easily distracted. Then after that the next few months I will randomly completely change. I will be walking around like a zombie half sleeping through the whole day. I will sleep a full 8-10 hours but wake up and still have a need to sleep. I spend the whole day talking slow or hardly at all and get mad if someone does the slightest thing to piss me I will get super mad. I get sevier panic attacks. I went to the hospital a few times because they were so bad. I start cutting. Become belemic. And sometimes feel like I want to kill myself. Then randomly after a few months I go back to being crazy. Do you think this is bipolar disorder?
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 34 hours later
Brief Answer: unlikely to be bipolar Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, after resding your history I dont think it fits into bipolar disorder, but I suggest you to consult a psychiatrist. My differential diagnosis for your symptoms are: thyroid disorders anxiety / panic disorders attention deficit disorder Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!