I m experiencing significant changes with my health in last

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
I'm experiencing significant changes with my health in last 12 months.
Lately, frequent higher blood pressure, severe fatigue, muscle weakness, head pressure, squeezing and pains mostly at my frontal lobe and back of my head. Latest blood test ok, excpet elevated cholesterol, high TSH 5.98. My general practitioner thinks that I have hypothyroidism.
Previous saliva test indicated elevated serotonin and cortisol on low side. Please refer to enclosed results.
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 51 minutes later
Brief Answer :
Need Neurological and Cardiac Evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you i understand your concern and i would like to tell you that your symptoms are suggestive more of a stress and anxiety related problem.

However considering your age group and the symptoms and history of atrial flutter its advisable to get yourself personally evaluated by a cardiologist as few test like ECG, Echocardiography, physical examination needs to be done to rule out any cardiac issue.

So in my opinion you need a personally visit to both a Neurologist as well as a cardiologist for proper evaluation and opinion.

Regarding the thyroid levels, that just a sub clinical value and nothing needs to be done as of now just you have to repeat the levels after 3 months.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap