I have something coming out of my vagina. Could it be prolapsed bladder?

i have something coming out of my vagina. i looked up somethings could it be prolapsed bladder?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 8 minutes later

At age 24, prolapse of bladder is uncommon unless you have a pelvic injury earlier and there is a weakened of the pelvic floor muscles. The following are commonly observed in Bladder prolapse based on the part that prolapses.

A difficulty in starting and stopping urination and increased urinary frequency.
Inability to empty the bladder after urination.
Urine leakage during sexual intercourse
Difficulty while straining, coughing and bending down

For a better answer I would want to know a few details from you regarding your concern

1.May I know if your married ?
2.Can you feel the mass coming out?does it slide back on pushing it with your fingers?
3.Do you have any vaginal discharge which is foul smelling and unusual?
4.Do you have any history of vaginal bleeding?
5.Do you have children? I yes, the no of deliveries and was it a vaginal normal delivery or a C section?
6.Any other surgeries in the past, any relevant history of cough, diabetes. etc?
7.Are you on any medicines presently?
8.Any investigations done so far?

In anticipation of your reply.I would surely get back to you on receiving the details.

Follow-up: I have something coming out of my vagina. Could it be prolapsed bladder? 1 hour later
Not married but I do have a's still technically in there but it's almost out. I did push it back in there... It's a white and almost looks like a regular
Size tampon.I have had some vaginal discharge but I do not believe it is foul smelling. No history of vaginal bleeding.I have one son and he was a c other surgeries... Just noticed this tonight
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 30 minutes later

Thanks for replying back.

Since you are giving a positive history of feeling a mass and able to push it back to its place , I could think of these possibilities

1.Vaginal vault prolapse
2.Vaginal cyst
3.Cervical polyp

Any prolapse has to be examined clinically and then needs to be categorized into a specific stage.This will help in planning the type of treatment.

All the above possibilities warrant an examination.

Without an abdominal,pelvic and XXXXXXX examination , one cannot come to the right diagnosis.Hence I suggest you to see your Gynecologist for the same.An abdominal scan may be needed with a pap smear, blood and urine tests.

Do not worry about it , these can surely be treated.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health