I have renal failure and creatrine is 32. How close I am to dialysis?

Pls if I have renal failure and my creatrine is 320 I ,m how close I'm I to dailysis? Thank you
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Criteria for dialysis is not based on creatinine levels only.
Serum potassium levels, fluid retention/overload, uremic symptoms will be taken into consideration before starting dialysis.
So, you need to be clinically monitored and the appropriate blood checks need to be done and a decision is made.

Wishing you good health,

Follow-up: I have renal failure and creatrine is 32. How close I am to dialysis? 2 hours later
Then pls tell me how many for example will they all be before you think of dailysis thank you
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Welcome back.
The exact values are hard to say and the below are just guildelines---

High serum potassium ( Normal Serum potassium 3.5 mmol to 5 mmol and can vary with labs) not controlled with oral medicines like K-BIND/ Fluid overload leading to breathing difficulty ( pulmonary edema) / Abdominal pain, vomiting not attributable to other causes are the common reasons for dialysis.

Hope this helps. Wish you good health.