I have red dots around the tip of my penis

Apr 2014

I've noticed some red dots around the tip of my penis lately. The last time I was sexually active was about 5 weeks. I masturbate regularly, and started noticing this irritation in the last couple of weeks. They don't burn or itch and aren't raised. There is no discharge. Is this just due to masturbation or could it be an STD?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You can apply gentian violet locally twice daily. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to HCM There are number of causes for red spots on the penis depending on the size,number,distribution,any pain or itching. People often get scared when they find red sores on the penis but most of the time it is harmless. Red sores may be due to many reasons.It may be due to infection,allergy etc. Infection is usually due to fungus whereas allergy may be due to sweating,lubricants etc. In these cases itching should be treated with antibiotic, antifungal,antiallergic or steroid cream. If they still persist than it's perhaps a condition which needs to be further investigated. At present you should avoid masturbation otherwise it will irritate the lesions. You can apply cream containing steroid like beclomethasone and antibiotics. You can also apply lotion gentian violet locally twice daily for five days. Take antihistaminics like tablet levocetrizine 10 mg at night for one week. You need few investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,urine RE/ME. You should try to keep the area dry.It is important to wear clean and dry underpants.You should regularly clean the collection(smegma)present undersuface of prepuce. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX