I have frequent cold sweats at night, have had some

Question
I have frequent cold sweats at night, have had some blackouts at night, experience profound fatigue and am loosing my hair. 58 year old female, average weight, heathy eater, healthy life style, exercise and do yoga. any ideas?
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be low thyroid levels.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

Night sweats and a very low body temp can indicate an under-active thyroid - this is the gland that regulates our metabolism.You need to get your blood thyroid levels checked.
The fatigue you experience might be due to anemia and will take a few weeks of iron therapy before it resolves. I would advise you first take some B complex supplements to watch for any relief.
Please do not worry, avoid stress, smoking, caffeine and alcohol to have better relief.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal