I have blood blisters on my hands and feet

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have blisters on my hands and feet and what looks like blood spots coming up on my legs what do you think this is
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Due to blood blisters. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. It seems that you have blood blisters on your hands and feet. Blood blisters are caused by a rupture of the blood vessels underneath the skin’s surface. This rupture is usually caused by some form of trauma, such as pinching. Development of blood blisters spontaneously without any history of injury is suggestive of a bleeding disorder. You need to consult your physician to get a complete blood coagulation profile checked with APTT and platelet count to rule out other possible causes like thrombocytopenia. This can also happen due to a viral infection in the recent past- decreases the synthesis of platelets from the bone marrow. Presence of any autoimmune disorders also needs to be ruled out. Do consult your physician for proper investigations. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL