I had blood tests done in September and was told

Question
I had blood tests done in September and was told in a letter that my results were normal. However, I recently logged into my account with the doctors office and found the numbers, which showed some abnormalities, including:

RDW: 15.30 (normal= 11-15)
Neutrophil percentage: 75.9 (normal=37.0-73.0)
Lymphocyte percentage: 16 (normal 20-40)

All other numbers are within normal range.

I've been worried about a lymph node behind my ear that's been a little swollen for almost 3 years. Are these numbers cause for concern, or not? I've also read they can be caused by my vegetarian diet or stress?
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. The results are still normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I understand your concern. So in clinical practice a mild up or down in blood parameters is considered as normal unless accompanied by symptoms which are really severe or chronic. This is due to the fact that our body cells have variable rates of production and destruction and even in the same person results may vary on the same day also. A node behind yoyr ear is swollen for a couple of months and needs examination to look for infectious causes first. If it is more than 1 cm in size and still growing , then a needle biopsy may be required. As far as your blood tests are concerned, there is nothing to worry.
Thanks and regards