I had a few blood tests recently. The first came

Question
I had a few blood tests recently. The first came back with an elevated White Blood Cell count of 23.2 H a few weeks ago. A follow up test last week revealed a white blood cell count of 22.0 H. I've feeling fine, but here I should see a hemotologist immediately. What could be the cause of such an elevated count?
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. It may suggest leukemia

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have seen your report and it is suggestive of high lymphocytes with smudge cells. This may represent chronuc lymhocytic leukemia and you should now visit a hematooncologist for further evaluation. There is nothing to worry as not all cases of tgis disease require treatment.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: I had a few blood tests recently. The first came 57 minutes later
Thank you. Is adult leukemia treatable? Does the fact I feel well mean I'm in a better position?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Yes it is treatable

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. Most of the leukemia are curable . You require more test and evaluation whether you require immediate treatment or not.
Thanks and regards