Ask a Urologist   »  

I am uncircumcised. While retracting foreskin penis begins to tear and bleed slightly. Why is this happening?

Dermatologist
Question
I am uncircumcised 49yr old male. I noticed over the last few days when retracting my foreskin a top layer on the glans of my penis retracts with it(almost attaches to the foreskin)) and begins to tear and bleed slightly. I t goes away very quickly but why is this happening?
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
Hello     
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question

From your description there seems to be some degree of phimosis which is making the skin difficult to retract .
I would suggest you should use KY jelly and retract the penis daily during some bath completely behind carefully. Incase , this does not improve your condition I would suggest you should XXXXXXX the Urosurgeon who would do the same and examine the area .
if need be a circumcision may be decided to improve the condition .

Thanks and Take care

Follow-up: I am uncircumcised. While retracting foreskin penis begins to tear and bleed slightly. Why is this happening? 26 minutes later
I have no difficulty retracting the foreskin. The top layer of skin on the glans sticks to the foreskin while retracting. It's just a small area.

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 7 minutes later
Thanks for the clarification . There might be small area of erosion in the area which is causing the area to stick . It would be important to rule out any fibrosis occurring in the area. However the best way to avoid any further sticking the above method would be necessary . Thanks