I am trying to lower my blood pressure without prescription

Cardiologist
Question
I am trying to lower my blood pressure without prescription drugs. I feel like I have tried endless natural remedies and so far I have not had much success. Please help.
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that natural ways may lower blood pressure values up to 10-20 mm Hg.

This means that in advanced stages of hypertension (values above 150/100), it is very difficult to achieve normal blood pressure values only with natural remedies.

Here are some tips to lower blood pressure naturally :

- reduce maximally salt and caffeine intake in your diet
- try to lose some pounds if you are overweight. A dietitian can help in this regard.
- perform regular physical activity (Yoga, aerobics, recreational sports, etc.).
- avoid straining physical activity
- use some supplements in your diet. In this regard I would recommend using garlic, lemon juice, potassium supplements, food rich in omega 3, flax seed, etc.).

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri