I am thyroid patient and gaining weight. Test showed no increase in thyroid level. How to reduce weight?

Question
hi doc , i am thyroid patient and gaining wight continuously . i just got married 4 month back. But when i get my test done , there is no increase in thyroid level.

I dnt know why my weight is increasing and there is puffiness all over the face though there is no increase in diet. I want to reduce the weight , according to my heigh my weight should be in between 51-57 kg but it is 68 kg at present. hw i can redue the weight. i am taking thyronom 75 mg daily in the morning
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query
The increase in thyroid levels causes weight loss but no weight gain. The weight gain is associated with low thyroid levels that is hypothyroidism.
The characteristic features of hypothyrodism are weight gain inspite of normal food intake, puffiness of face, hands and feets, lethargy, anorexia, coarse and dry skin, hair loss, constipation and menstrual irregularities.
Your weight gain and puffiness seems to be due to the low thyroid levels. I will recommend you to have a visit to your consultant with the latest Thyroid function test reports including TSH, T3 and T4, so that the dose of thyroxin can be adjusted according to your body needs

Feel free for any futher queries

Thanks

Follow-up: I am thyroid patient and gaining weight. Test showed no increase in thyroid level. How to reduce weight? 26 minutes later
Thanks for the reply doctor.

It means the doses which i am taking , i have to reduce those doses. I want to ask you that can i go for blood test after 2 hrs of taking afternoon meal.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 52 minutes later
Thanks for the reply.

Exactly, you have to adjust the doses according to your needs.
The answer to you second query is that it depends on the type of blood test which you want to have. if you mean thyroid functioning test then yes you can go for it at any time of the day

Thanks
regards