I am smoker. Noticed vein like bump inside bottom lips. What could be this and how to get cured?

I have a vain that forms into a bump inside my bottom lip and it will go with my heart beat! It's really driving me crazy! I am a smoker! What could this be and how can I take it away?
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

It could be a tortuous vein (dilated), such veins occur either due to trauma or inflammation.The dilated vein can burst open bleeding into the oral cavity.

There would be no serious danger due to the vein but getting it excised would be a better idea.

Do consult an ENT (Ear Nose throat ) specialist who after examining can plan on excising the lesion.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.