I am pregnant. Is it safe to travel by plane in second trimester?

hi there I'm now 10 weeks pregnant and I'm permanently moving to perth from melbourne so is it good to travel by plane while I'm 13 weeks pregnant
if not then when can I move to perth as per suitable weeks..
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 21 minutes later

Yes, it is fairly safe to travel by plane in your second trimester (13wks.) if your pregnancy is not complicated because the chances of miscarriage and preterm labor are less in the second trimester.

You should take some precaution while travelling by plane-

1) You should first consult your gynecologist for your proper checkup before travelling and take proper advice from her for travelling.
2) Don't take very long hours flight.
3) Make some comfortable arrangement in flight regarding your chair, seat belt and more leg space.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

Dr. Richa