I am not able to eat solid food. What is the problem?

Poor

Question
can not keep solid food down? are there any special foods i can eat? can u send me a list if possible and anyother recommendations
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Eating Disorders

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 13 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
My question to you is; why you should not be able to eat solid foods at all?
If it is a recent problem and you do not know the cause then you must get yourself examined by a physician and get investigated because it can be a cancer or any other serious oesophagus or stomach problem like Barret's, infections, esophageal varices, strictures, cardiospasm or other systemic disorders.
You can take semisolid food till then like cooked cereals with milk, porridge, commercial feeds etc.
But first of all get to know the exact reason and start treatment for it.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.

Follow-up: I am not able to eat solid food. What is the problem? 12 minutes later
just looking for a second opinion is all.. ive had a virus turned septicemia

Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to HCM!
The viral septicemia can hardly cause all this.
I think you have better get review and get a local examination by a gastroenterlogist of your locality.
About the foods, I think you can take it according to your taste and any local preparations which is not fried and not spicey will be good for you provided that it consistency falls in to soft food like a semisolid or liquid foods.
A dietician of the locality would be an ble to give you a detailed guidance on the availability of local foods of this type that you would be able to swallow without much problem.
Wish you a good health.