I am hypocondriac. Having light brown stool. What are the chances of intestinal bacteria?

I am a bit of a hypocondriac I will admit this first off. LOL
I recently looked at my stool which is definately not black, not dark red instead it is a lighter brownall the time due to drinking two glasses of carrot juice per day. ...I poured some peroxide on it simply to test it ....unsure why just being hypocondriatic....and it fizzed...not allot but it did fizz. Is this blood? Or simply normal intestinal bacteria? Catalyze? Im 46, no history in family of colon cancer etc..
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
The appearance of a fizz on pouring hydrogen peroxide on stool is not a test for the presence of blood in stools. This can happen due to the presence of bacteria and dead cells in the fecal matter.
You can stop having carrot juice for a few days and see if the stool color returns back to normal after a week.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.