I am diagnosed with fatty liver grade II. What does the report says?

Jan 2013

Hi, I have diagnosed fatty liver grade II in the month of may 2012. At that time results in my LFTest were as follows- ALP- 107.9, BIli (T) - 0.82, SGOT- 59, SGPT- 113, GGT- 36, Albumin- 4.75, Protein- 7.2.
result of my todays LFT is
SGPT- 60, SGOT-30, Bili- 0.7, protein- 9.0 and ALP- 190
please help me
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Are you a alcohol intaker?
Do you have yellow discoloration of eyes & urine/ itching in body/ fever/ abdominal pain/ swelling in feet and distension of abdomen?
Your all blood reports may be due to fatty liver or some other pathology, which is affecting your liver.
In hypothyroidism, patient may be obese with fatty liver.
You should consult with physician and endocrinologist and should take proper treatment of hypothyroidism.
You should also restrict your dietary habits with limited amount of oily diet.
You should also perform increased physical activity.
You should consult with physician/ gastro-physician and should also go for following investigations: complete blood count, Australia antigen (HbsAg), HCV, serum cerruloplasmin, iron profile for rule out other cause of LFT derangements.
You should also go for liver biopsy.
You should take ursodeoxycholic acid, vitamin E with atorvastatin for fatty liver.
Untreated fatty liver may lead to XXXXXXX with development of cirrhosis, so you should be cautious regarding fatty liver.
Put your query if you have.
Get well soon,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava