I am asthma patient. using aerocort Inhaler. Is it safe? What are the side effects?

Question
I am a Asthma Patient and I use Aerocort Inhaler. Is this Safe? what will be the side effects? please help
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Each puff of Aerocort Inhaler supplies 50mcg of Beclometasone dipropionate and 50 mcg of Levosalbutamole.

As you are suffering with Asthma, have to take one or another drug regularly to prevent/control asthmatic attacks.

Every drug has some side effects, but amount of drug required for inhaler is far less than amount required through oral route. Thus chances of side effects are also less.

Drug is only prescribed to you by your doctor, when it is necessary and advantage outweighs disadvantages/side effects.

You should report/contact your doctor, whenever you notice any side effect.

Following side effects can occur:-

Headache, dryness/infection of throat &/or nose, voice change, coughing, increased tears, eye problems, allergic symptoms etc.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: I am asthma patient. using aerocort Inhaler. Is it safe? What are the side effects? 14 hours later
Yes I am already facing all the side effcts that you have incidated - Headache, dryness/infection of throat &/or nose, voice change, coughing, increased tears, eye problems, allergic symptoms etc. How do i prevent/overcome these? please suggest.

Thanks for your inputs,

Regards, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 4 hours later

Welcome again,

You should consult an ENT specialist and an Ophthalmologist for confirmation of cause/diagnosis and treatment.

Get your vision and blood pressure also checked.

If they confirm that your symptoms are due to Aerocort inhaler, you should contact your physician, so that he can prescribe your another inhaler suitable for you or can put you on oral treatment for some time.

Anti-histaminic can help you relieve/control side-effect.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: I am asthma patient. using aerocort Inhaler. Is it safe? What are the side effects? 1 hour later
Thanks for your suggestion!

Regards, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome again,

Aerocort Inhaler contains Beclometasone dipropionate and salbutamole.

Asthalin inhaler contains only salbutamol.

Beclate inhaler contains only betamethasone.

Bricanyl inhaler contains only terbutaline.

Cromol-5 inhaler contains only sodium cromoglycate & used for prophylaxis.

Dulolin contains ipatropium with salbutamol.

Flohale contains fluticasone.

Ipravent contains ipatropium.

Pulmicort contains budisonide.

Salmeter contains salmeterol.

Thus with the help of your physician, you may find inhaler with suitable salt for you.

With best wishes,