I am able to achieve erection but fails to ejeculate and fails to achieve orgasm. Any thoughts?

Dec 2014

Hi My name is XXXXXX,I have a sexual problem.I can get an erection and have sexual intercourse with my girlfriend but i cannot cum, my girlfriend realy enjoys having sex with me because i can stay hard for a long time can you help me in this matter as i also enjoy having sex with her she cums 2or 3 times while having sex but is getting me down a bit as she tries to help me to cum but it dose not happen,I must point out that we are both in our eigthies (80s) and both of us are very happy together let me know what you think kind regards XXXXXX
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 4 hours later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You are 81 year old male with no significant medical history. You are able to achieve erection but fails to ejeculate and fails to achieve orgasm.

Before going to treatment I would like to discuss a little about some investigations.

Anorgasmia and delayed ejeculation is common problem in elderly. I want to know that
Whether you are taking any medicines for prostrate?
Whether you underwent surgery for prostrate?
Such type of symptoms are common after prostrate surgery in elderly males.

I would also advise you to get your blood sugar levels checked. Delayed ejeculation may occur due to neuropathic complication of diabetes. Also get your blood pressure checked. Poorly controlled BP may be a reason of delayed ejeculation.

Third if you are taking any medicines? Certain medicines especially fluoxetine, escitalopram etc. may cause delayed ejeculation as side effect.

Now coming to treatment part-

- First thing is to follow is that remain relaxed during sexual intercourse. Don't think again and again that you will not ejeculate. Engage in long foreplay as it helps in ejeculation.

- Certain medicines like Cabergoline can be used in such type of problems. The medicine is even comparatively safe in elderly. Even this drug is used for recreational purposes by some individuals. But before starting the medicine get yourself evaluated by a good doctor.

- There are other medicines like Verdanafil, Sildenafil can be used, but there use in elderly is controversial so I would not advise you to take these medicines.

So follow the points I have mentioned you will definitely get benefit.

If you have more questions you can ask again in follow up.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD