I am 29 years old. Getting white hairs in beard. How to prevent white hair discolouration?

Iam 29 years old, i getting white hairs in my beard .how to change my beard white hairs to black permanently?
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later

Premature graying can occur when the color producing parts of the hair stop making the pigment that give the hair its color.
The time of expected graying varies with the race: caucasian may start in mid 30's, afroamerican may start in mid 40's, asians in late 30's.

There is a genetic component to early graying, though sometimes other conditions such as a deficiency in vit b12 , smoking or thyroid issues can also cause it.

You can see your doctor to identify any of these potential problems and if present stop the process.

Unfortunately it is not possible for the hair to restart making the pigment and there are , at present, no herbal, alternative or traditional medicine that can be used to reverse the condition.

Some persons op to use temporary dyes to conceal the gray areas , permanent dyes are used if more than 40% of the hair is gray.
Other persons op to allow it to show because it is a common occurence.

I hope this information is helpful to you, feel free to ask any additional questions