How to treat vomitting, sever abdominal bloating and burping inspite of being on gluten and lactose free diet ?

Hi, 10 yr old son has been having issues with his abdomen for other 3 months. Has had his appendix out 7 weeks ago. He had been in severe pain and daily vomitting. He continued to vomit after his operation and was put back into hospital. He has had many tests - all negative - heli pylori, endoscopy, bloods, celiac, stool, ct scan of brain, abdo ultrasound.
He is seeing a ped gastro dr. Since I have put him on gluten free and dairy free 2 weeks ago he has only vomited twice and only a little bit. It is really hard to do this diet, so might get accidental gluten in as I am not sure of every ingredient that has hidden gluten or dairy but try hard to stick to gluten free food. He still suffers with daily pain, severe abdonimal bloating especially at night and some intermitent burping. Otherwise he feel nauseous at time but fine at other times. Ped gastro dr is trying to imply that it could be in his head??? I really disagree especially when you see his tummy enlarged. Next week he is getting small bowel bactiera overgrowth breath test, seeing an allergy specialist and then the week after if nothing is found he is getting a barium meal xray and follow through. I am at a wits end especially at night - screaming in pain, takes over two hours to get to sleep and he says his tummy is going to explode. I really feel that there is an intolerance to something, maybe not fully celiac but why has the gluten free diet and lactose free as much as possible begun to help him and dramatically reduced the vomiting?
Is there anything else i can do to help him or get the dr's to do.
He has missed so much of school but when he is well he is jumping out of bed to go - this is not an issue. Thanks for your help.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 45 minutes later

Your son has improved on gluten free and lactose free diet. This is suggestive of an allergic cause of the problem. In cases of allergy, prevention is better than treatment.

Seeing an allergy specialist is likely to help you. We must rule out all the organic causes before labeling his pain to be psychotic.

The main factors responsible for indigestion and flatulence are-
1. Overeating.     
2. Eating hurriedly without chewing properly.
3. Food allergies like beans, onions, etc.
4. Lack of exercise.
5. Improperly cooked food.
Try to avoid all these causative factors.

Pineapple juice, lemon juice, ginger juice, grapes, etc., may be given after every meal for relief. Otherwise give him antacids and digestive enzymes on regular basis for relief.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.