How to treat pebble poos with slimy mucus and pain between anus and tailbone?

I have had pebble poos for 3 years with slimy mucus, sometimes white. I also have pain between anus & tailbone.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). Get thyroid profile and serum calcium levels as they are common and correctable cause of constipation 1.Take high fiber (may be psyllium fibers) and lots of liquid in your diet 2.Take triphala powder one teaspoon with warm water or for better result mix it with honey and take it at time of sleep at night and one teaspoon in early morning empty stomach 3.Avoid foods that contain maida. 4. Take meals at least 2 hours before going to bed. 5. Take lots of fruits and vegetables daily 6. Add condiments like jeera, haldi and ajwain in your diet as these all help in digestion 7. take laxative like syrup cremaffin plus which is a combination of sodium picosulphate, milk of magnesia, and liquid paraffin (Titrate dose to make 1-2 stools per day) 8. Another drug is there lubipristone 25 microgram twice a day Pain appears to be due to constipation which I hope will resolve spontaneously once constipation is relieved. If pain is not relieved then get yourself evaluated by ultrasound abdomen and sigmoidoscopy examination I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: How to treat pebble poos with slimy mucus and pain between anus and tailbone? 2 hours later
Hello Dr Thank you so mych for answering my question! I eat nothing but fibre, fibre, fibre and when i had an ultrasound done the lady said i had a belly full if gas yet i rarely belch or flatulate. Im doing stool samples this week. I drink 12 cups of green tea a day & also take metamucil & slippery elm.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Add tab lubipristone and syrup cremaffin plus Detailed Answer: Hello! Continue with these metamucil and slippery elm. If still not relieved with these add syrup cremaffin plus and tablet lubipristone also. If you do not have any further query , you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.