How to treat conjunctivitis when no help from Zoxan and toba?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Requires confirmation of diagnosis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having conjunctivitis for which you have taken treatment with zoxan and recently changed to toba dm eye drops. Since your eyes are swollen and red, you are most probably having infective conjunctivitis. The treatment is mainly by antibiotic eye drops. Zoxan is ciprofloxacin a broad spectrum antibiotic and it can be used. But Toba- DM contains tobramycin an antibiotic and Dexamethasone a steroid preparation. Steroid preparations should be avoided in infective conditions as these will increase the severity of infection. Steroid preparations are indicated only in non- infective conditions like allergic conditions or sterile inflammatory conditions of the eye like uveitis Hence first thing to be done is examination and confirmation of diagnosis Whether it is conjunctivitis or some other inflammation like uveitis If it is conjunctivitis further,whether it is infective or non infective Hence I advice you to consult Ophthalmologist, if you have not consulted earlier and confirmation of diagnosis and treatment accordingly. Do get back to me after consultation with your ophthalmologist, so that I can advice you further depending on the diagnosis. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you
Follow-up: How to treat conjunctivitis when no help from Zoxan and toba? 34 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can all except toba dm. Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the follow up query. Since you are having severe conjunctivitis your doctor has given oral antibiotic amoxycillin, you can use it. You can continue zoxan eye drops as advised. I feel it is better to avoid toba DM as it contains steroid, but you can use it if it was prescribed by a eye specialist after examination and ruling out infective component. You can wash your eyes with warm water no problem, in fact it will help to relieve pain. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you.
Follow-up: How to treat conjunctivitis when no help from Zoxan and toba? 18 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Thank you for asking to health care magic. With regards Dr Dadapeer K
People also viewed
- Will maxitrol treat bacterial conjunctivitis ?
- Salty taste and flickering vision
- Had cone biopsy bleeding and cramping is this normal
- Upper waterline feels sore
- Uveitis and flu immunizations
- Treating conjunctivitis with fucithalmic cream
- Sensitive to light headache flu
- Unable to breastfeed feeding flavored wheat cereal is that harmful
- Will besivance treat conjunctivitis, bacterial?
- Miph surgery in govt hospital fee
- Heavy chest cough and greenish phlegm viral infection
- Unwanted hair on face neck follihair tablets taken advise
- Pain in the leg physiotherapy suggested after mri any thoughts
- How to treat 2yo conjunctivitis
- Will flucloxacillin treat conjunctivitis