How to treat blood blisters ?

Hi there. I have suddenly developed a large blood blister on my foreskin. How should I treat this please?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later

It would be better if you answer these questions, so that i can help you in this problem.

1.When was your last intercourse?
2.Is it associated with pain?
3.Do you have difficulty in passing urine?
4.Do you have itching,soreness in that part?
5.Are you taking any medication?

Please get back with answers.

Follow-up: How to treat blood blisters ? 2 hours later
Hello Doctor. I last had intercourse a couple of nights ago. I have no pain, itching or soreness and no difficulty passing urine. I am not taking any medication.

I am wondering if it is a blood blister or whether the skin is bruised - could this be a possibility?
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 3 hours later

Thanks for the follow up query.

Yes there is a possibility as this could be bruise as you don't have any other symptoms. Frictional injuries can result due to masturbation or intercourse and this frictional bruise can resemble like blood blisters.
The main differentiating feature between them is the blood blisters are elevated lesions with soft in touch and bleeds on rupture of blister.

If it is bruise you can wait it out, it will probably go away in a week or two. If not, you can have it checked then.
Applying over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone a couple of time a day after the blisters form may also help.

Hope i answered your query.

Wish you good health.