How to reduce SGPT and cholesterol levels?

Rheumatologist
Question
HI DOCTOR MY NAME IS XXXXXXX MITTAL MY SGPT LEVEL IS 53 AND MY CHOLESTROL LEVEL IS 280 HOW I SHOULD REDUCE BOTH THEM
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that For SGPT level the cause needs to be seen why it is raised . Since your cholesterol is also raised that means it could be a part of metabolic syndrome . And your liver functions can be affected due to XXXXXXX ( Non Alcoholic Steatohepatitis ) . If you are obese that seems a possibility you need to lose weight . Regular exercise for half an hour 5 times a week will build your stamina . Eat salads a lot , they will help you melt fat . If dietary advise will not work then medicines need to be given like statins . You should also get your thyroid levels checked . A USG abdomen is required for seeing fatty liver evidence . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: How to reduce SGPT and cholesterol levels? 43 hours later
MY USG IS NORMAL AND THYROID IS 2.64 WHAT EVER I EAT I JUST NOT DIGEST MY DIGESTIVE SYSTEM IS SO WEAK

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for reverting back. Since your tests are normal I would advise you to follow the exercise and diet modifications that I have advised you , if they will not work then medicines will be advised . But you will need to follow it atleast for 2 months to get the results . Dr. Shruti