How to prevent delayed motion sickness during travel in s a 9 year old ?

my 9 yr old son was diagonised with delayed motion sickness when he was a yr old, we leave for XXXXXXX in 14 days ,is there anything to help prevent this?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 18 hours later
Hi Shelzarsfarm,

Thanks for your query ,

Well i can advice you some home remedies which will surely help like :

1)Do not load the stomach with food and liquids , give less than normal feed to prevent the vomiting.
2)Ginger is the best and effective remedy , could be n the form of any dish like ginger cookies, candies,syrup etc.
3)Peppermint candies or syrups also serve the purpose.

4)Lemon juice prior to start of the journey can prevent the problem.

5)Sucking over the cut lemon will do better than juice.

6)Eating few olives will also prevent the vomiting , as they contain tannins which dry up the secretions in the mouth which acts as aggravating factor most of times.

The medications (Hyoscine ) which help in Motion sickness are schedule "H" medicines and need prescription , you may have to consult your nearest doctor for the same.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them